Every Saturday, an average of 70 avid tennis players of all levels hit the courts at Highland Park for their “tennis fix.”
We have a place for you, so join us when you can! We’re one of the longest-running, city-park-based round robins in America, and we’ve been going strong since 1976.
- Check the schedule on our homepage for that week’s location.
- You must RSVP and pay in advance to play each week.
- Play starts at 8 a.m. and ends at noon (between December and March, play starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 1 p.m.
- Arrive and leave anytime you’d like.
- We provide the courts, balls, and snacks as part of your $5 round robin fee.
- When you arrive, put your name on the board, and as soon as four players are available and a court is available, go play one set and return when you are finished. You may write your name on the board again and play when a foursome and court are ready again.
- Warm-ups during the first set of the morning are limited to a maximum of 10 minutes, as stated in USTA league rules, by which we abide.
- Play at your own pace. You can play once, twice or as many times as you can between the time your arrive and noon.
- The round robin is competitive, but it’s designed to be FUN. No pressure to wake up early. No pressure to stay and play.
- Above all, come have fun with us!
We’re the “United Nations of tennis”
Our round robin is like a United Nations of tennis, attracting players from all over the world who have come to Baton Rouge to study (LSU and Southern universities), work, or just live in a great tennis town! We have members who hail from several countries, and it’s not unusual to hear many different dialects and accents on the courts.