HPTA hosted a reunion Feb. 22, 2014, at its Round Robin, welcoming “home” several of its former presidents.
Click here to see the full list of HPTA presidents, since its 1976 founding.
The presidents who attended all continue to serve HPTA in other roles. They were thanked for leading the growth and betterment of HPTA in recent years, including
- Increasing and sustaining memberships, both single and family, and welcoming guests every week
- Operating the Saturday Round Robins on a continual basis and ensuring that the activities are fun and open to everyone
- Promoting and producing the Highland Open charity tennis tournament that has raised $100,000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in the past five years alone
- Ensuring fiscal accountability and transparency and running the organization in a business-like fashion
- Improving communications by implementing modern means of communications, including Facebook, Twitter and email
- Including and involving members in the decision-making process