Welcome to the official website of the Highland Park Tennis Association in Baton Rouge, LA
Highland Open 2016
A Record $24,808 Raised to Fight Cystic Fibrosis The “HOTT Team” Thanks YOU!
2016 Highland Open Tournament Team (“HOTT Team”) members (l-r): Gary Mollere, Mike Fournet, Rusty Jabour, Joycelyn LeBlanc, Sandra Harshbarger, Title Sponsor Jim Crane, Tournament Director Lisa Sanner, CFF Director Erin Achberger, Wendy Parrish, Fred Aldrich, and Michael Doyle. Not pictured is HPTA President Debbie Klotzbach.
The Highland Park Tennis Association and its Highland Open Tournament Team raised a record $24,808 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation through the Jim Crane State Farm Highland Open and its related fundraising efforts.
The tournament hosted almost 100 men’s and women’s doubles teams and was held April 15-17 at BREC’s Highland Park Tennis Center in Baton Rouge.
The 2016 total was the highest amount raised in the Highland Open’s 34-year history; the previous record was $23,000, raised in 2011. The funds were raised from a variety of sources, including corporate and business donations, tournament entry fees, a silent auction, the “65 Roses” campaign, and the weekly HPTA Round Robin “tip jar.” Thanks to all of the individuals, businesses and organizations that helped us achieve our goal!
Since 2010, the Highland Open fundraising efforts have contributed $153,864 to CFF:
Also, since 2010, HPTA has conducted its “65 Roses” campaign before and during the Highland Open tournament to raise funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We are very proud to announce that HPTA exceeded its 65 Roses goal again in 2016. Here are the tallies for those seven years:
Greater Baton Rouge Community Tennis Association
Baton Rouge Women’s Tennis Association
Kiwanis Club of Baton Rouge
Bronze Sponsors Iberia Bank (Friday night Johnny’s Pizza party)
Kevin Hester, DDS
Servpro of Central EBR Parish
CRDN The Textile Experts
Players Backpack Sponsor
“31,” Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Community Coffee, Cortana Kiwanis Club, Blue Bayou Water Park, City Pork Hospitality Group, Guarantee Restoration Services, House of Jamba, Izzo’s Illegal Burrito, Merci Beaucoup, Melanie Acosta, Lisa Thomas/Wildtree, LSU Athletics, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Quantum Express, Wendy Elliott, Demco, KR Martin, Kendra Scott, Krispy Kreme, Lamps and Lighting, New York Bagels, Renaissance Gallery, and Zapp’s Potato Chips.
2016 Rose Sponsorships
Thanks to all of our 2016 Rose Sponsors, listed below, who helped us exceed our “65 Roses” goal for the seventh year in a row. Every dollar of every $100 Rose goes directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to help find a cure for this terrible disease. Since 2010, the Highland Open’s fundraising efforts have contributed $153,864 to CFF, and $54,400 of those funds have come from Rose sponsorships.
1. Wendy Parrish
2. Joe Templet
3. Jeff Gould
4. HPTA Round Robin tip jar #1
5. HPTA Round Robin tip jar #2
6. HPTA Round Robin tip jar #3
7. In memory of Alexander F. Jabour ( by HPTA officers’ personal donations)
8. In memory of Alexandra M. Rodriguez ( by Lisa and Bill Sanner)
9. HPTA LSU-Bama football board
10. In loving memory of Mary “Mimi” Moss (by Sandra Harshbarger) 11. In gratitude of Lisa Lu (by Father Jerry Martin) 12. Jack Boxill 13. Jennifer Boxill 14. Brent Boxill 15. In honor of Mandy Crane (by Jim Crane) 16. In honor of Jamie Crane (by Jim Crane) 17. Prayers for Jamie Crane (by Brandi Faulk) 18. HPTA Round Robin tip jar #4
19. In loving memory of John Willis (by Brian and Nancy Callaway)
20. Friends and family at Ronnie’s Boudin – Baton Rouge & Hammond (by Brad and Julia Dupont) 21. HPTA Round Robin tip jar #5
22. HPTA Super Bowl 2016 football board
23. Don Shedd
24. Sheri and Troy Goings 25. In honor of Claire Booth (by Hunter and Emily Greene)
26. In honor of The Booth Family (by Hunter and Emily Greene) 27. Robert Wu
28. Debbie Klotzbach
29. Paula Davis 30. In honor of Jamie Crane (by Maureen Dunham)
31. Bond, Gauldin, Powers and Waguespack families
32. Randy Ligh
33. Klotzbach Family’s Good Friday Event
34. Ms. Fran Grega
35. “Young at Heart,” Rose #1 Women’s 3.5, 55+ team, Joycelyn LeBlanc, Captain
36. “Young at Heart,” Rose #2
Women’s 3.5, 55+ team, Joycelyn LeBlanc, Captain
37. Hester Family Dentistry
38. In memory of Alex Jabour and Norman Giroir (by grandson,Todd Jabour)
39. In memory of Alex Jabour (by wife, Jo, and Marsha and Rusty Jabour)
40. In honor of Paige Elkins (by Marsha and Rusty Jabour)
41. For Caroline Crane (by Jim Crane)
42. “Split Steppers”
43. Owens Collision Service
44. Fred Aldrich
45. Ferguson Family
46. For Mandy Crane (by Linda Crane)
47. For Mary
48. For Jamie Crane (by Lorri)
49. For Zack (by the Badeaux and Morales families)
50. Randy Whittington
51. Leslie Fernandez
52. In memory of the Carlin Mouch family
53. Alena “Find a Cure”
54. David Vaughn
55. In honor of Paige Elkins (by Bette Theis and Marsha and Rusty Jabour)
56. In memory of the deceased members of HPTA (by Fred Aldrich)
57. In memory my son, Nick Jacob (by Christine Jacob)
58. HOTT “Tip Jar” Rose #1
59. HOTT “Tip Jar” Rose #2
60. – 74. HOTT Auction Roses (15 Roses!)
75. HPTA Tip Jar and Shirt Sales
Round Robin Schedule
Come join about 75 tennis lovers every Saturday for doubles fun, 8 a.m. until noon, at Highland Park (as noted below). HPTA members pay $5; guests pay $8; and first-time guests play free. We provide the courts, balls and snacks. We hope to see you at the following round robins.
NOTE: During inclement weather, players are urged to call the Highland Park Tennis Center directly at (225) 766-0247 to inquire about court conditions, in case the HPTA is unable to get a cancellation notice out to the membership. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
July 28: Highland Park (8am-12pm) August 4: Highland Park (8am-12pm) August 11: Greenwood (8am-12pm) August 18: Highland Park (8am-12pm) August 25: Highland Park (8am-12pm) September 1*: Highland Park (8am-12pm) September 8*: Highland Park (8am-12pm) September 15: Forest Park (8am-12pm) September 22: Highland Park (8am-12pm) September 29*: Highland Park (8am-12pm)
* There are Cross Country Meets scheduled at Highland Park on these dates - Please be aware that parking may be an issue.